MerpCom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server current state

+2
JJoiler
Hafiz
6 posters

Go down

Server current state Empty Server current state

Post by Hafiz Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:49 pm

As many of you can see is that our server is slowly dying. In this topic we will talk about ways to bring it back to life. One way of course is just advertise our server. However one user suggested an interesting idea ( not sure if he wants to be named) which I thought might be worth a go.

1. This is the most drastic option. We restart our whole server where all worlds are deleted and we start out fresh with just 2 worlds. Creative and survival.

2. A bit less drastic than the first. We delete all but one world where we will archive any builds anyone wants and make a creative and survival world.

3. We keep our current ACTIVE creative worlds (Pentos and Mereen?) and make a survival world

4. Make no changes at all and see if just advertising will work.

These are just 4 options that came to mind, so if you have any other ideas post them!
Hafiz
Hafiz
Admin

Sock Monkeys : 42

https://merpcom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Server current state Empty Re: Server current state

Post by JJoiler Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:51 pm

Honestly. Do we really need new guys? Think about it they cause problems with griefing. I starting a couple new maps, get the server back and running smoothly and white list it
JJoiler
JJoiler
User

Sock Monkeys : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Hafiz Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:10 pm

JJoiler wrote:Honestly. Do we really need new guys? Think about it they cause problems with griefing. I starting a couple new maps, get the server back and running smoothly and white list it  

Well yea kinda. Just adding maps won't really do anything. It'll be just the same 3 people online quietly playing with the occasional conversations here and there. Honestly, if its just that I would just play single player and talk using steam.  

Getting new blood in the server will give more people to befriend, talk, and play minecraft with. Plus the forum user base can grow in the process! I'm sure we can get players that arent only greifing. If they do, can't you guys just roll it back?
Hafiz
Hafiz
Admin

Sock Monkeys : 42

https://merpcom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GeorgeIpsum Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:56 am

I agree with Hafiz. New people are definitely needed if we want to keep this thing running for as long as possible, and even if there are a few bad eggs in the new batch some new guys are always great. I don't want to "get rid" of all the worlds just yet (it's not a bad idea, i'm just nostalgic and want them :u) but starting fresh and then readvertising might be the best plan of action.
GeorgeIpsum
GeorgeIpsum
User

Sock Monkeys : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by RageofFir (nova) Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:44 am

Option #1 is dramatic, but it could be the biggest advertising option. "Anyone want to blow things up"?
2.Archive world sounds interesting we could do a hall of fame type of thing
3.Sigh.. Having both, well having different interesting feel in each world, is cool. But at the same time, It's kinda a wasted space. So I feel like one world could be a creative world, and one a trail and error world (for all the other worlds) Therby making both creative but producing structure at the same time.
4. We tried this for a long time now, some people are afraid the crazy beasts are going to come. I personally think that more and more advertising is good, which can lead to more group events... But it's just IMO

RageofFir (nova)
User

Sock Monkeys : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by FSCarver Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:34 am

I dedicated a whole post as to why we won't be getting another new creative world. Thanks for the one who removed it.

Pentos or Velos. Use one of those, they're new and velos is private
Dont want to talk or see other players besides the older ones? Ask me and I'll edit Herochat so you can only see the chat of Velos

I am willing to create a new survival world, but that's it. Besides a new world for weekly adventure maps/survival games.
The server can handle the current amount of worlds, 3 of the current ones will be removed (Hotdog, Pentos_Nether/End), we will keep World/Ivalice/Mereen/Pentos/Velos/Myr/survival world.

And this
Getting new blood in the server will give more people to befriend, talk, and play minecraft with. Plus the forum user base can grow in the process! I'm sure we can get players that arent only greifing. If they do, can't you guys just roll it back?

Last edited by FSCarver on Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
FSCarver
FSCarver
User

Sock Monkeys : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by GeorgeIpsum Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:58 am

Another thing I'd like to talk about:

Since were cleaning up and are going to maybe start readvertising, what do you guys think about trying another go at Castle Wars? It would be a cool thing to advertise, and if we could figure out a way to get it to work it would be fun for all of us to do
GeorgeIpsum
GeorgeIpsum
User

Sock Monkeys : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by FSCarver Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:05 am

GeorgeIpsum wrote:Another thing I'd like to talk about:

Since were cleaning up and are going to maybe start readvertising, what do you guys think about trying another go at Castle Wars? It would be a cool thing to advertise, and if we could figure out a way to get it to work it would be fun for all of us to do
Like I said, we'll be getting a new world for adventure maps, survival games and tings like that.
So if you can find a map or make one we can use that. Just send me the link.

Only thing I'd have to do is set up permissions.
FSCarver
FSCarver
User

Sock Monkeys : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by heylookoverthere Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:40 pm

There's only one method of advertising I've found effective, at least since that first gamefaqs post. Wait for a new version of MC, set up a vanilla server before most other servers update and then advertise.

heylookoverthere
User

Sock Monkeys : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down